Saturday and Sunday
October 3-4, 10-11, 2015
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Admission is FREE
In honor of the fun-loving North American river otters, the Zoo will host Ottertoberfest, a fall event featuring traditional German biergartens, live music, kids’ activities and more. At the biergartens, visitors can purchase beer, bratwurst and other German specialties.
Otter-related games and activities for children will include a River Ranger game, an “Otter Says” game and a river otter biofact table. An otter-themed craft will be available for children to create in addition to the games and activities.
Biergarten Entertainment — 12 noon to 3 p.m.
Saturday, October 3: Bug Tussel Bluegrass Band
Sunday, October 4: Root Diggers
Saturday, October 10: North of the Quarter
Sunday, October 11: Fox Creek
Keeper Chats and Enrichment
Each day of Ottertoberfest:
- 10:00 a.m. — Keeper chat at North American river otters, Emerson Children’s Zoo
- 1:30 p.m. — Keeper chat at the North American river otters, Chain of Lakes
Saint Louis Zoo
One Government Drive
St. Louis, MO 63110
Fun Facts About Our Otter Friends!
- An otter can travel underwater for a quarter of a mile!
- An otter can dive down 55 feet.
- Sometimes otters catch fish using teamwork.
- An otter can close its ears and nose while swimming.
- Otters can slide down the bank of a river at a speed of up to 18 miles per hour!